Title Line





Your forum for conversation, news, and updates about your world.



Monday, August 13, 2012

Hi all,

I have posted comments on the blog, as directed.

I have also posted the following request: "If all conversation and instructions are to take place on this blog, then they should ALL be here. That means notices about meetings, requests to vote, etc., … EVERYTHING. Otherwise, it’s exactly as Leslie put it: “Your Board is focused on the blog, and prepared for this discussion on the blog. Splitting the focus between email and blog makes it harder for everyone to keep up. People who only read the email miss half the discussion; people who read the Board over on the blog miss half the discussion. It simply adds to the labor of already busy people.”

Therefore, could we have a decision to post/instruct/discuss *everything* on the blog or *everything* via email, and let the other mode go?" Sue P.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't see this portion of Sue's commenents on the blog, so I posted them. I hope I haven't upset you Sue. Regarding having all communication either on the blog or on email, I think union discussions should be OFF the college server. However, small innoucous notices and such can stay on email, where they are more likely to be read. Unfortuntely, as yet, the blog only has 12 members. Although more folks appear to be reading the blog, I'm sure many would miss messages if the PTFA didn't use the college email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am figuring this is a transition time, especially since we have new hires coming onboard with Fall term. It will take maybe six months to get most folks used to coming here. Until then, as Jennifer suggests above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oye vey. I'm just realizing you commented, Leslie. Thanks, what you say makes sense.

      Delete
  3. It makes sense to have notes about job postings (which refer to other sites) in email, and reminders to check the blog when there are substantial new posts. But if there is a way to train everyone to post here, rather than to reply to email, it would keep mail boxes emptier, keep us from losing comments (since the mail boxes automatically dump messages after 6 months), and take everything off the college servers (as noted above).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, what a grat idea. Maybe I should add a tag line to some of my email posts saying to carry the discussion to the blog. I'll try that out. Like Leslie said, we've got to get folks trained. Jen

      Delete