Title Line





Your forum for conversation, news, and updates about your world.



Saturday, August 11, 2012

AFL-CIO post #2 (sat, aug 11)

What a great day and what great people. I am so lucky.  Everyone is friendly and has a great attitude. I got up at 7:00am (yikes!) had big breakfast in a place filled with unionists and cheerleaders (ages 10+). It was quite crowded. My first workshop started at 8:30. The leaders had us all brainstorm things we can do for fun at our meetings. I got lots and lots of good ideas. After lunch, I slept a little. I didn't mean to....but....then I met an old, old friend who lives down here (Eugene). We went on an interesting WPA/PWA walk and say all the buildings and art done during the New Deal. I love stuff like that. Then a big BBQ, an ice cream social and KARAOKE. I danced and sang with a few people too. Like I said, this is a great crowd to hang out with. Afterwards, three of us played frisbee golf. Now it's bedtime. I have one more workshop tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment