Title Line





Your forum for conversation, news, and updates about your world.



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What the Union means to me

I find it amazing that so few people "get" the union. A comment came up on Face Book about the union and it wasn't a positive one. I responded carefully because I see this woman every single week at choir and I really don't want to have hard feelings but it annoyed me. A conversation started between another choir member and I. The conversation ended with her asking why I took a part-time position with no benefits if I needed a job with benefits.

There were lots of answers I could have given and many I know I shouldn't have given. But the real reason for me is that the union - OUR UNION - protects my rights and defines my responsibilities so that I know where my boundaries are and where I am safe.

How about you guys - chime in with what the union means to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment