Title Line





Your forum for conversation, news, and updates about your world.



Sunday, March 25, 2012

While I was at my NEA training in Chicago a few weeks ago, I met some folks from the New Faculty Majority. I encourage you to check out their website at: newfacultymajority.org.  NFM's core issues are: Equality in compensation, equality in job security, etcetera. They can also help you if you need to file for unemployment benefits. There is a California court case called Cervisi versus Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (Number A038877), which states if "there is a reasonable assurance of continued employment", you are entitled to unemployment. The website is: unemploymentforadjuncts.com. You're truly needs to file for unemployment this term. I've lost a class (only for Spring). If you've lost a class, please let me know so we can keep track of lay-offs. We want to be sure admin is not abusing the new contract. Thank you for reading this, Jennifer & the PTFA Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment