Title Line





Your forum for conversation, news, and updates about your world.



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ELA training- day 1 (Wed, June 15)

I got up at 3:40am, and caught a 6:00am flight to DC. I was able to upgrade to "business plus", so I had 5 inches more leg room :-) on the way to Chicago. After that, I was back in coach :-(. I got to my hotel by about 5:00pm. Boy, was I tired. But I got ready and went to the 6:00pm reception at the NEA building. Met lots of nice, interesting people while eating "light refreshments". Those "light refreshments" consisted of wings, breaded shrimp, beef, spring rolls, cheese, veggies and more! Even wine and beer. It was so nice to get a good meal after traveling all day. After socializing (everyone was so friendly!), we retired to a work room to introduce ourselves by commenting on the picture we had drawn at the interview (an icebreaker activity). It was fun. We're meeting tomorrow for breakfast at 7:30am. The first of 4 long, but fun days. Many folks have signed up for the Friday night tour too.

No comments:

Post a Comment